Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vintage VHS Art: The Future Belongs To John Saxon!

I recently ordered and received the Warners Archive DVDs of Planet Earth and Strange New World, the TV movie/pilot follow-ups to Gene Roddenberry's Genesis II (which I collectively refer to as the "PAX Trilogy"). I'll be reviewing both of these John Saxon-starring flicks over the next couple of weeks, but in the meantime here's the art that covered the VHS home video releases of the titles in the 1980s.

I love old VHS box art....

ADDENDUM: Courtesy of Space: 1970 reader Jerome Wybon, here's a French variation on the Planet Earth video art:

3 comments:

  1. I wonder how many guys rented "Planet Earth" expecting luscious bikini babes, but ended up with an eyeful of Diana Muldaur?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Planet Earth, but not Strange New World. I had no idea there was a third film. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange New World was Warner Bros' attempt at the concept without Roddenberry's participation (they owned it, after all). It turned out more like the Logan's Run series than what Roddenberry originally envisioned.

    I'll be writing about in detail in the next week or two.

    ReplyDelete