Wednesday, September 21, 2011

BUCK ROGERS 2nd Season TV Guide Ad

Here's the only TV Guide advertisement I've found so far for the second season of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. In this case, it's for the second episode of Year Two, "Journey To Oasis," guest-starring 70s sci-fi fave Mark Lenard (Star Trek, The Planet Of The Apes, Cliffhangers!) as an old flame of Wilma's (!?).

I posted a bunch of first season Buck Rogers/TV Guide ads HERE, a while back.

FYI: I just noticed that the complete Buck Rogers (as well as the original Battlestar Galactica) series is now available for instant streaming on Netflix.

11 comments:

  1. That has to be the most unflattering rendition of Mark Lenard I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gawd. I never realized that was Mark Lenard. Somehow, as a kid, with his little 'fro, i convinced myself he was BLACK (!) and meant as a rip-off of Lando Calrissian. Maybe it had something to with Odiex (sp?) the little blue ersatz-Yoda who appeared in the same episode.

    I HAVE been watching these on Netflix, as a matter of fact. Anything from that ultra-serious 2nd season is like watching paint dry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much stopped watching the second season after this episode. The point where Mark Lenard's character removed his head was too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree that this is an awful picture of Lenard. I don't remember the episode well; perhaps he really did look that awful in it. But the picture makes him look like Muammar Gaddafi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Journey to Oasis. This was the only episode directed by the helmer of the original movie, Daniel Haller(who also directed the classic Galactica two-parter, War of the Gods)and Felix Silla got to get out of Twiki's costume. Check for the wires during the shuttle crash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the episode well -- especially when he took his head off. That'll kill any relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1130/brguardad.jpg

    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3389/brhawkad.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT'S Mark Lenard??? I thought it was David Groh (Rhoda's husband)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bishop37 - Cool! Do you mind if I post those here on the site?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Mark Lenard got that wig from the Cylon Imperious Leader.

    ReplyDelete