Monday, July 15, 2013

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND: SPECIAL EDITION (1980) Lobby Cards

Today, we've got a batch of lobby cards from the 1980 "Special Edition" release of Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. Columbia's marketing department basically stuck with the most iconic shots from the previous release of the film - no doubt because of their familiarity - and supplemented the package with a couple of stills from the new footage. After all these years, though, that image above still gives me a thrill. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I never got to see this in the cinema but the ads for it I found really scary, first time around and second time around for the SE. See the 3rd pic down? That image was in the trailer and that WAS me should the space brothers have arrived one night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like everyone in this film, and during the 70's wore brown ties!!!


    I wish it were 1977 again -- !sigh!

    ReplyDelete