Wednesday, July 12, 2017

PLANET OF THE APES TV Annuals

1975 Annual
1976 Annual
1977 Annual
Here are the covers for the UK Planet Of The Apes Annuals, published by Brown & Watson between 1975 and 1977. As with all of these uniquely British publications, these were hardcover books aimed at children, containing articles, stories, comics and activities/puzzles.

Having grown up in U.S., I never knew these publications existed until I was an adult and saw images of them on the Internet. I now have a Space: 1999 annual and the Star Maidens one, both bought online a few years ago. I wish I'd had these as a kid - especially the ones that tied-in with short-lived genre shows like Man From Atlantis and Logan's Run.

3 comments:

  1. Had a few of these UK annuals as a kid, along with Galactica and the Logan's Run annual... and some later ones too, like Manimal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently purchased a hardcover UK Marvel comic Hulk Annual from Half Price Books that was signed by Roy Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I found some Dr Who Annuals, 77,79,80

    ReplyDelete