Friday, August 22, 2014

Shameless Self-Promotion: PERILS ON PLANET X Webcomic - The End Is Nigh

Because I've mentioned it here on the site before, I wanted to note that after a year and a half of regular weekly Friday updates, the first (and hopefully, not last) Perils On Planet X online graphic novel, "Hawke of Terra," is nearly completed (just two pages/weeks to go). This project has been in the works so long (almost 15 years!) that I can hardly believe it's almost finished.

As the writer, I'm pretty proud of the story, which is my take on classic interplanetary swashbucklers like John Carter of Mars and Flash Gordon, and am especially pleased with the visual storytelling of my artistic collaborator and partner, the amazing Gene Gonzales. The importance of our colorist, Ian Sokoliwski's,  Technicolor hues cannot be underestimated, either. I've been very fortunate to have such talented collaborators.

If you haven't kept up with Perils On Planet X - or worse, haven't read it at all! - you can still read it from the beginning, for free on the site. That link will take you right to the first page. Our future plans are still up in the air, so this might be a good time to take a few minutes and catch up... and maybe post your thoughts on the book.

8 comments:

  1. I don't know how much it costs, but is there any chance that you could have this released in a trade paperback. It is quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have plans to collect it. We're working out the details now. Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. I haven't been able to read Perils for a couple of months now. I click the link and just get "this webpage is not available". Happens in my RSS reader, too.

    This blog comes through okay, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why it isn't showing up for you. You're the first to mention any problems like this. Which browser do you use? RSS reader?

      Delete
    2. Browser is Chrome, on a Windows 7 (home) machine. RSS feed is The Old Reader.

      And I just now tried it on Firefox, too, and no luck. Must be something on my end, but I don't really understand enough about it to be able to figure it out.

      Delete
    3. Well, I'm baffled, too. Shows up in Firefox and Chrome for me. I can't imagine what could be wrong - it's a simple WordPress site.

      Delete
  3. Yeah it was really good. The story was a lot of fun and the artwork was great. I am actually more akin to that style of artwork as opposed to what modern comic look like. I my opinion modern comic artists over do it with the detail. So, if and when you release it I will buy it.

    ReplyDelete