Thursday, July 14, 2016

News: MESSAGE FROM SPACE (1978) Blu-ray Available For Pre-Order

Shout! Factory has announced that it will be releasing a high-definition Blu-ray edition of Kinji Fukasaku's 1978 epic Message From Space in September. This is a limited edition release - only 1,000 copies will be made - and it's available for pre-order now, exclusively through the Shout! website.

This is the U.S. English-language version, and the only bonus features are the trailer and a still gallery. It's a little pricey for my budget, but I've already pre-ordered my copy. I love this movie, space fireflies, magic walnuts and all.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this in the theater in '78, desperate for more Star Wars and hoping it would scratch the itch. It didn't, but I still enjoyed it (much more than the folks I saw it with) and am still fond of it today. Maybe not BluRay fond of it, but I like revisiting it every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, it TOOK LONG ENOUGH! I remember bugging Shout! as late as last year about a blu ray version and the dude who got back to me was all "We're not interested in porting that over."

    One of my favorite Not-Wars films. Who can say no to Kabuki Vader? No one. The answer is no one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wooden spaceship? *twitches* A WOODEN SPACESHIP! AAAAGHHHHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete