A few bits of site news/thoughts:
• In July and August, Space: 1970's traffic doubled the previous monthly average and continues to rise. Wow.
• I've expanded the "Starblogs" blogroll over in the sidebar to include as many of the blogs that link to Space: 1970 as I've been able to find through my referrer logs. If you have a blog or site that has a permanent link to here, let me know, and I'll add it to the list. If you want to be on the list, well... add a link, and then let me know.
I'll be honest - I don't personally follow every blog on the list - since many (or most) of them are RPG blogs and I don't game anymore, I don't really have time to keep up with all of them - but the ones I have visited are pretty damned cool, and I both appreciate their support of Space: 1970 and recommend at least checking them out.
• Speaking of "appreciating the support," the Space: 1970 Facebook page is now up to about 150 "likes." Surprisingly, many of them are people I do not know.
• Much to my surprise and gratitude, a couple of folks have actually made PayPal donations (which I'm using to buy some DVDs for this site), and today I got an e-mail from a reader offering to send me copies of several movies that I've been looking for. Which brings me to this:
When I started this site, I had no idea that it would be so popular, nor that I would be posting to it as often as I have. As a consequence, not only am I burning through subjects considerably faster than I anticipated, my appetite for this 70s sci-fi stuff has actually increased.
To that end, I'm looking for DVD-Rs or good-quality VHS copies of Man From Atlantis, The Invisible Man (with David McCallum), Cliffhangers, Starship Invasions, Prisoners of the Lost Universe, Warlords of Atlantis, The Last Dinosaur, Damnation Alley, The Questor Tapes, and the three or four Logan's Run episodes I'm missing. Please don't send me links to online gray market dealers or overseas editions of these titles - but if anyone has these shows on disc or tape, maybe we can work out a trade. I will not trade for copies of DVDs that are commercially available, though - for those items I'll just have to keep saving pennies (although I would accept gifts, wink wink, nudge nudge).
• That's it for this round-up. Got to get back to work, including a couple long posts with screencaps for this blog.....