Wednesday, November 28, 2012

THE BLACK HOLE (1979) Radio-Controled V.I.N.CENT Robot


Courtesy of the the archivists at Megomuseum, here's a toy fair presentation film (not an on-air commercial) for a proposed radio-controlled V.I.N.CENT robot toy intended for their Black Hole toy line.

As it turned out, the 'bot never got past the prototype stage and never went into production, being deemed too expensive to produce. Too bad, it looks like it would have been really cool... even if it didn't levitate!

5 comments:

  1. Wow I would have flipped for that! I can't imagine how much it would have cost, he's pretty big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Mego I don`t think they ever quite got over passing up the star wars action figures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they must have really thought the Black Hole was gonna be THAT successful! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched "The Black Hole" the other night and still enjoy the film as much as I did when I was nine. V.I.N.CENT and B.O.B. were really brought to life by the voice talents of Roddy McDowall and Slim Pickens. The movie was broadcast in HD, so I hope that means we'll see a Blu-ray version of this really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love The Black Hole... very underrated movie, in my opinion, a masterpiece of atmosphere and mood. And I'd totally love to have an RC VINCENT, even now!

    ReplyDelete