Wednesday, July 28, 2010

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (1978) Gag Reel


Created for the Battlestar Galactica cast and crew wrap party at the close of their first - and only -season, this gag reel has a bunch of great bloopers. Now, the forced "comedy" and "humorous" narration is both extremely unfunny and annoying, but it's worth sitting through to get to the end of the video, where Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict are heard singing the wonderful Colonial standard, "We Gotta Find Earth."

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but throwing in scenes from the opening of THE LAST REMAKE OF BEAU GESTE just drew my attention pretty hard. Considering what a factory Universal seemed to have been in the 70s when looked back on now, seeing these end up in the gag reel struck an odd chord, saying something about what it was like back then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you find this stuff.............the song at the end was unreal...........this site is like a huge repository for stuff I find interesting and fun, this being an example of something i'd never imagined ever seeing but enjoying it all the same, in it's own peculiar way. I wish a series of straight outtakes could be strung together, minus the schtick-lock! I just met and got a great picture with Richard and Dirk at Comic-Con, it really was a blast meeting them both, they were a lot of fun and a pleasure to speak with. Richard is incredibly outgoing with his fans, I can't recommend enough making the effort to say hi if you ever have the chance, I don't imagine you'd be disappointed.

    Dusty Abell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dusty. I actually have a copy of this reel on a bootleg VHS (now transferred to DVD-R)of sci-fi bloopers. But, since I don't know how to upload vids to YouTube myself (yet), I was lucky to find someone else had already done so.

    Glad you're enjoying this blog. I always dug your comic book work, too.

    ReplyDelete