Monday, July 26, 2010

Seriously?

Okay - this is a new one to me. I stumbled across this image online while looking for some other Galactica images, and was surprised that I was completely unaware of this toy's existence. I remember the really disappointing Mattel BG action figures and vehicles, but I don't think I ever saw this item before.

Unfortunately, I can't make out the descriptive copy, so I have no idea what this stuffed Daggit said when you pulled its string - "Hey, I'm really a chimp?" I'm also a little creeped out by the model. Is it just me, or does she look like Noah Hathaway (Boxey) in drag?

5 comments:

  1. "Loveable robot pet from the hit TV space series! What's more - he talks! Pull his string - daggit communicates! Not in words. He braks, he whines and more! The actual sound track, taken from the Universal City ABC-TV production, was the model! Talking Daggit is made of soft, cuddly plush. He's durable, too. Daggit stands just under ten inches tall. From the tip of his tail to the point on his muzzle, he measures fourteen and one half inches.

    #1038 Std. Pak 6/Wt. 6 lbs, 8 oz."

    Reads like Engrish. From: http://www.lurexlounge.com/bsg/mattelcat79.php

    Also, check out: http://www.toysyouhad.com/Bstar.htm (scroll down)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. That Dorothy Hamill haircut really pervaded our culture back then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. Is that a boy or a girl. In addition to the haircut you've got a frilly collar on a blue sweater. What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one of those stuffed Daggits. The thing just barked and made a whining noise. I do believe they are rare. Occasinally one will pop up on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete