Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sci-Fi Air Show

My wife just turned me on to this awesome website that should appeal to pretty much every reader of Space: 1970.

For fans of classic science fiction spacecraft - like the original Battlestar Galactica Vipers, Space: 1999's Eagles and Hawks, the ships from the Irwin Allen shows of the 60s - well, you'll definitely want to visit Sci-Fi Air Show.

Clearly a labor of love, and it's great to see all those classics still flying. It's especially cool that they've got a Hawk Interceptor - they only appeared once on Space: 1999 but the model kit was awesome (wish someone would re-issue affordable editions of those original Hawk and Eagle kits), and I love the design.

Hopefully, at some point, they'll manage to get an Earth Directorate Starfighter and/or SHADO Interceptor added to the squadron.

* I swear I missed it completely, but a Space:1970 visitor also mentioned this awesome site in the comments section of the last post.

1 comment:

  1. I always loved the design of the Hawks. Even as a kid watching the "War Games" episode where they appeared, I used to wonder how the moonbase Alpha crew could be so nonchalant about the fact that they were out in the far reaches of space being attacked by ships from Earth.

    ReplyDelete