Monday, November 1, 2010

Space: 1970 - Year Two

Space: 1970 is one year old today. When I started this blog 12 months ago, I didn't expect to post to it very often, and I certainly didn't expect that it would attract many readers. I was just looking for a place to indulge in some childhood nostalgia.

But it didn't take long for me to realize that I had something kinda special here. Not only was I enjoying myself revisiting the movies, TV shows and related memorabilia that obsessed me in my youth, but other folks seemed to be enjoying reading my reminiscences, too - and enjoying the opportunity to share their own. I have a bunch of blogs - and write professionally - but within three months or so, Space:1970 had attracted the largest measurable readership of any of my online ramblings... and it continues to do so.

Some months I was able to write more posts than others, and sometimes I've felt a bit pressured to post something - anything - so as not to disappoint you folks, but overall, I've found writing this blog to be extremely rewarding.

So, anyway - thus begins our Second Season. Here's hoping that, unlike some of the shows I write about here, Year Two is as strong - or stronger - than Year One. I can promise only that I will continue to update this blog as long as I can find inspiration in those fantastic television series, films, magazines and books that fueled my imagination thirty+ years ago... which should be for a good long while yet.

Thanks for tagging along.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on hitting the year mark! I look forward to more interstellar inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL that in a YEAR?!? YOW! Serves me right for not looking at dates when I toured the place, yah?

    Anyhow, Space:1970 Year One was great! AND, as a bonus, no one fell off the back of the moon (a 10,000 Geek Point reference for y'all to ponder there.)

    As for the next season--based on what you've done so far, all I can say about Space:1970 Year Two is (wait for it)...

    THE FUTURE IS FANTASTIC!

    Write on!

    Tex
    (because someone had to get that in first)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logging on to Space1970 is now a daily part of my morning regime, it's always a pleasure getting a new post to enjoy before starting the day off. I'm really looking forward to Year Two, and hope you keep going for years to come!

    Dusty Abell

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the second season, I recommend more standalone episodes, reimagining the heroic female lead in a more feminine role, finding Earth, and maybe introducing an alien and/or baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And don't forget the kid and the cute robot.

    Tex
    (it's all lawnmower boy's fault)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Monday had the highest traffic numbers ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You've got a great site, Chris. I always looked forward to your posts.
    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete