Monday, June 25, 2012

FLASH GORDON (1980) Video Game Cartridge

My family didn't have an Atari 2600 or any cartridge video game system when I was a kid. We did get a Pong clone console around 1975 or so, that had a few very simple games pre-programmed in, but within a week or two of Christmas, I don't think it was played very much. So I was always envious of the few of my friends whose families did own the futuristic game machine. This 1980 Flash Gordon cartridge, obviously marketed as a tie-in to the 1979 Mike Hodges film, although the game "story" bears no resemblance to anything in the movie - was manufactured by 20th Century Fox Games and sold through Sears for their own cartridge system - although it was Atari compatible.

2 comments:

  1. we had an atari system in our house but i was a little young, the C64 was my thing in the 80s, i dont remember this game, seems like it came out 3-4 years after the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look at the title of the post, you'll see it came out in 1980, a few months after the movie.

    ReplyDelete