Wednesday, June 6, 2012

THE INVISIBLE MAN (1975) In The House

Just returned from my favorite music & video store, Bull Moose Music in Waterville, Maine, with the new DVD set of 1975's The Invisible Man television series from VEI and NBCUniversal. At first glance, the picture quality appears to be slightly better than the recent Logan's Run discs from Warners, but I only looked at the first two episodes.

Produced by veterans of The Six Million Dollar Man, the series starred David McCallum, Melinda Fee and Craig Stevens, and ran for only 13 episodes. This was a big favorite of mine when I was ten years-old. I plan to start watching these DVDs tonight, so look for a full review of the set in a week or so.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your review. I was 13 and was fascinated with it. It should be interesting to see it again after all these years. Like his Man from U.N.C.L.E. counterpart Robert Vaughn he just keeps on acting, managing to entertain audiences throughout the decades. Here's to invisibility-every kids fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon has delayed my copy, but I have Logans Run to keep me busy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched this series, and I enjoyed the acting, but the premise was so strange that it was hard to concentrate on the plot. When his wife broke down when he told her he had turned invisible permanantly, it was almost awkward to believe, even though her acting was stellar.

    ReplyDelete