Tuesday, June 7, 2011

FLASH GORDON (1980) Original Movie Poster Art

Richard Amsel
Lawrence Noble
Here are scans of the original art for two of the U.S. theatrical one-sheets that promoted the Dino DeLaurentis/Mike Hodges Flash Gordon film in 1980. The top piece is by the legendary Richard Amsel, who also painted the first Raiders Of The Lost Ark and The Dark Crystal posters, among others. He also painted a slew of incredible - and now highly-collectible - TV Guide covers.

The second piece (and thanks to Luis for the info!) is by Lawrence Noble, who also worked on the advertising campaigns for Time After Time, Sharkey's Machine and others. He was the artist of The Empire Strikes Back 10th Anniversary poster, as well. Here's his website!

3 comments:

  1. The artist for the second piece is Lawrence "Larry" Noble who also did The Empire Strikes Back 10th Anniversary poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Luis! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the one on the bottom in my room for years. My sister dated a guy at the movie theater and he gave her the poster so I could have it. To this day, I don't know what she did for it, but I feel that I owe her a debt. LOL

    ReplyDelete