Monday, April 18, 2011

Captain's bLog: 0418.11

  Posting will probably be comparatively light over the next week or two, as a recent illness has put me far behind on my April commitments. I do expect to have my write-up on Planet Earth posted this week, though, and - of course - will try to stay on top of any news items that may pop up.

I'll probably re-post another old article or two, as well - the site gained a lot of new readers over the last month and a half, and it seems logical (and time-effective) to spotlight some of those older pieces for the convenience of new visitors.

  And... here's a sweet Enterprise painting by Star Trek production designer/artist Andy Probert that was used by Paramount to promote Star Trek - The Motion Picture back in 1979.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better now !!!? Cool painting, love Andrew Probert's work !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better man. That shot of the lovely lady E did wonders for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris get well.
    That Andrew Probert awesome Enterprise painting brings back great memories of being a 15 year old in 1979 awaiting Star Trek The Motion Picture's December release and reading STARLOG magazine.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get well soon. Thanks for your hard work on this blog and others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually - I was sick for the last couple weeks, and I'm feeling better now. Unfortunately, that prolonged illness really knocked me for a loop, and put me way behind schedule on my freelance writing assignments.

    I know it looked like I was plenty prolific here at Space: 1970, but I had a lot of posts written up in advance... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better. I used to have a STTMP shirt with that design on it. I wore that old things until it fell apart.

    ReplyDelete