Thursday, April 28, 2011

LOGAN'S RUN (1977) TV Series Publicity Stills

Here's a selection of publicity stills shot to promote the 1977 television series, Logan's Run, starring Gregory Harrison, Heather Menzies, Donald Moffat and Randy Powell. The series incorporated elements from the 1976 feature film (costumes, props, and effects footage, mostly), the original William F. Nolan-George Clayton Johnson novel, and (unofficially) the producers' previous sci-fi series, The Fantastic Journey (not to mention, the 1975 WB pilot, Strange New World, which is uncannily similar), as Logan 5 & Jessica 6, fugitives from the totalitarian City of Domes, accompanied by the android Rem, searched a post-Apocalyptic Earth for the legendary community of Sanctuary, relentlessly pursued by Logan's former Sandman partner, Francis.

According to the TV Shows on DVD website, Warners Archive will be releasing the 14-episode series on manufactured-on-demand DVD later this year.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely FANTASTIC pictures, my friend. I'm a huge fan of both the movie and TV show. In fact I recently started buying Blu Rays and the Logan's Run movie was my first "upgrade" (I already owned it on DVD).
    I also have the entire run of the series from TV recordings but dubbed into Spanish! I speak Spanish so that's no problem, but I will be buying it again when Warner releases the DVD-R's, pricey though they may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently started watching this show. Too bad it didn't run longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always heard that Francis was eventually going to join up with Logan in a later season. Too bad that this show didn't have longer legs. It had a lot going for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen Logan's Run on Bootleg VHS and thought that what little I could get was quite good. When the DVD release date was published online, I planned on buying it. I got it from AMAZON. It is indeed a shame that this show didn't last longer. It really did have a lot going for it. I wish I could have seen a few more seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be posting my review of the DVD set later this week.

    ReplyDelete