Friday, August 27, 2010

LAND OF THE LOST (1974-6) Episode-by-Episode Commentary

My internet pal Michael May has been writing a series of episode-by-episode commentaries and analyses of the mid-70s Sid & Marty Krofft Saturday morning sci-fi adventure series, Land of the Lost.

Land of the Lost is one of my favorite television shows ever, and I intend to write about it here on the site. The world that the writers - specifically David Gerrold, as first season story editor - created for the show was layered and utterly fantastic. You also couldn't complain about the writing (especially in year one), with noted science fiction scribes like Larry Niven, Norman Spinrad and Ben Bova (among others) contributing scripts. It may have been a kid's show, but it was one of the best genre series of its era.

But, as I haven't gotten around to writing about the show yet, and Michael's been doing such an exhaustive job of it over on his own blog, I thought Space: 1970 readers might like to read his articles for themselves.

Links below:

Season One. Part One.

Part Two.

Part Three.

Season Two. Part One.

Part Two.

And Michael's just starting on Season Three now.

3 comments:

  1. Well thought out reviews of the early LAND OF THE LOST episodes. LOTL premise was and still is an intelligent series even with limited production budget. For '70s saturday morning it was fascinating to me as a boy at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris! I'm having a blast with it. You were one of the people who encouraged me to keep going after Season One and I'm glad I listened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seek out "The Day Time Ended." Just do it!

    ReplyDelete